Phew, summer of 2023 has been a whirlwind. VNTRbirds started out hot with the purchase of VIDA MTB Series in early March to set us up for a massive mountain bike season. With the merge of these two companies came more clinics, more locations, more coaches, and the most stoke!
May kick started the clinic season and you would find VNTRbirds in Buena Vista, CO. These trails are so incredible to start the season because they are filled with rocky, technical climbing and descending. You don’t have to worry about too much vertical gain in this region, but you’ll still get your cardio in as you navigate the rocky slabs into sandy trails then repeat.
Once May was in the rearview mirror, the summer was jammed pack with everything about mountain bikes! VNTRbirds began a partnership with Yeti Cycles and Shimano, so we were riding in style and even had free Yeti demo bikes available at our flagship clinics. Not to mention all our other partners who stacked the VNTRbirds Legendary Goodie Bags packed with incredible swag for every single participant we had this summer (over 400 people)!
- VNTRbirds hosted 4 two day flagship events “VIDA MTB Series” at Snowmass, Trestle & Purgatory. These two day courses are more of mini mountain bike festivals. We host a happy hour, include healthy lunches, stretching sessions, tech talks from partnering brands as well as hands on learning from experienced, certified and professional coaches.
- VNTRbirds had multiple one day clinics throughout the state including Boulder, Lakewood, Breckenridge, Buena Vista, Salida, Golden & more. These single day clinics are perfect for those who are just starting their mountain bike journey or those who have a specific goal in mind to achieve with coaching.
- Our first ever SOLD OUT Rip Roaring Mini Enduro Race at Arapahoe Basin. Personally, this was my absolutely favorite event of the entire season. With 50+ women joining VNTRbirds to test out enduro racing in a very fun and inclusive space. You could approach this race as fast or as casual as you wanted to with categories like Spicy, Sporty or Leisurely! We will definitely be back for 2024.
- A SOLD OUT jump clinic in Frisco with professional freestyle MTB coaches. This was the first year VNTRbirds has offered a jumps and drops specific clinic and it will not be our last!
- Multiple free meetups we call Pedal Parties, workshops and tech talks with shops and breweries all over Colorado.
- Last, a SOLD OUT Rider to Racer 3 month program that helps create future racers in the Enduro racing community. This was the 6th consecutive season of Rider to Racer and VNTRbirds revamped it to bring you more time riding your bike. This program for summer 2024 is open for registration! It includes a 2-day skills clinic at a VIDA MTB Series event, nutrition coaching, strength and conditioning coaching and two entries to enduro races (including the Rip Roar Mini Enduro)!
It’s easy to say we have been busy, but it is what VNTRbirds strives for. More women, femme, transgender and gender non-conforming people who are comfortable in femme-centered spaces in the outdoors and gaining the proper knowledge and confidence to get out there whether on their own or with friends. VNTRbirds also gave out five different scholarships to incredible recipients including people who are just getting into mountain biking, BIPOC specific, breast cancer survivor/ patient and a mentorship scholarship that helps create opportunities to have more women in leadership roles in the outdoors.
Check out our calendar as we’re turning our focus to backcountry education throughout the winter, but VNTRbirds already has some summer 2024 dates sprinkled in! Enjoy the snow while it’s here and we hope to see you venturing out with us in the future!