VNTRbirds’ Scholarship Fund: supporting women in the outdoors and furthering their outdoor education through mentorships and grants.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2023/24 WINTER ARE OPEN!
Be the first to know about scholarship opportunities: Join our EMAIL NEWSLETTER
All applications must be submitted on or before November 30th, 2023 at midnight. Recipients will be announced by December 7th, 2023.
1. VNTRbirds Mentorship Scholarship: We want to see more women in leadership roles in the backcountry! This mentorship is meant for aspiring backcountry guides and educators. Work closely with instructors and learn the operational side of VNTRbirds backcountry courses. Shadow a VNTRbirds course and receive $300 towards a Wilderness First Responder course, Level 2 course or a Pro Level course. $300 will be paid to the recipient with proof of completion.
2. BIPOC Backcountry Scholarship: The purpose of the VNTRbirds BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) Scholarship is to acknowledge the lack of representation in the ski/snowboard industry and to remove financial barriers to backcountry education. We are offering one VNTRbirds Backcountry Basics to the chosen recipient. In addition, we are also offering $300 towards a VNTRbirds Avalanche Level 1. $300 will be paid in the form of a coupon code to a VNTRbirds course. Supported by Arc’teryx Rino.
3. Backcountry Scholarship:We are offering one VNTRbirds Backcountry Basic to the chosen recipient. In addition, we are also offering $300 towards an VNTRbirds Avalanche Level 1. $300 will be paid in the form of a coupon code to a VNTRbirds course. Supported by Arc’teryx Rino.
4. Backcountry Basics Scholarship: We are offering one VNTRbirds Backcountry Basic to the chosen recipient.Supported by Norrona.
5. AIARE Level 1 Scholarship: We are offering one VNTRbirds AIARE Level 1 course to the chosen recipient. Supported by Mammut.
“After hearing about the scholarships they offered and knowing what an inclusive and encouraging environment VNTRbirds has created, I knew I needed to apply! A VNTRbirds course is truly reflective of their mission and there was no wear else I wanted to learn”.
“One thing I appreciate is how they allow space for you to be wrong. There is no judgment as we learn, and the kind and accepting way in which our instructors would correct us was motivating. I know that sounds simple, but it is hard to find spaces where others do not condescend you for the knowledge you do not have!”
“I can’t emphasize enough how much VNTRbirds are dedicated to refining they’re curriculum and teaching styles to different groups, and they are fantastic women to learn from who have a wealth of knowledge about traveling in the backcountry”.
“The VNTRbirds scholarship + mentorship program helped me find a new teaching path, through teaching Backcountry Basics. I loved the women-specific programs I got to teach and lead throughout my career, and believe there is something special about being in a women-only group outdoors. I feel so grateful for the opportunity to learn myself, and be able to build other women’s confidence in the outdoors”.