This is a 1 day guided tour.
Join us February 21st – 8:30am we will meet in the morning on Monarch Pass.
REGISTER HERE – space is limited
We will spend the day outside.
Do you have experience in the backcountry, but looking for guidance on trip planning and choosing the right terrain? Maybe you want to find a crew of like-minded women to explore the backcountry with. Come join VNTRbirds for our Intermediate Backcountry Tour and enjoy a day on the skin track.
For this tour you should be familiar with your backcountry gear and equipment (including AT skis or splitboard, beacon, shovel and probe). You should have some experience riding in the backcountry (1-5 days or more). This course can be taken after a Backcountry Basics course or Avalanche Level 1.
We will be making group decisions while trip planning, looking at snow conditions and assessing route selections. As a group we will also be riding different terrain, assessing risk management and how many laps to take.
What we provide:
· Introduction to backcountry trip planning.
· Introduction to choosing terrain.
· Refresher on companion rescue basics.
· One of our legendary VNTRbirds goodie bags!
· A fun day with other women from your community in the backcountry!
Additional (not included):
· Backcountry/ Touring gear
· VNTRbirds lodging special (coming soon)
· Food/ snacks/ water
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
Each participant receives an automatic $25 off from VNTRbirds scholarship fund.
• ALL WOMEN WELCOME • LGBQT+ WELCOME • BIPOC WELCOME •
· Notice of cancellation more than 14 days in advance will receive a full refund less a 10% administrative fee.
· Notice of cancellation less than 14 days in advance will receive no refund. Clients may have the option to transfer to another course or clinic with a $50 transfer fee (if available).
COVID policy & guidelines:
· Employees will conduct daily symptom checks.
· We will use the recommendations from the CDC and abide by Colorado state safety orders.
All participants will be required to fill out a waiver and a medical history form before the event.
Must be 18 & older or accompanied by parent or guardian.