Backcountry Basics Leadville
February 13, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$250
This is a 1 day course.
REGISTER FOR YOUR COURSE HERE – Space is limited so sign up quick!
VNTRbirds tailored this Backcountry Basics course for women who are new in the backcountry. Open to both skiers and splitboarders. You should be able to ski/ride blues and blacks on the resort. This is a great precursor to your Avalanche Level 1 course. You need to have proper backcountry equipment including BEACON, SHOVEL, PROBE, BACKPACK and AT SKIS or SPLITBOARD.
What we provide:
· An introduction to your backcountry equipment & gear.
· Introduction to backcountry trip planning.
· Introduction to avalanche safety.
· Practice with your avalanche safety gear.
· One of our legendary VNTRbirds goodie bags!
· A fun and educational day with other women from your community just getting into the backcountry!
Additional (not included):
· VNTRbirds lodging special (coming soon)
· Food/ snacks/ water
· Backcountry touring gear (AT Skis or Splitboard).
· Backcountry avalanche safety gear (beacon, shovel & probe).
Each participant receives an automatic $25 off from VNTRbirds scholarship fund.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED.
• ALL WOMEN WELCOME • LGBQT+ WELCOME • BIPOC WELCOME •
· Notice of cancellation more than 14 days in advance will receive a full refund less a 10% administrative fee.
· Notice of cancellation less than 14 days in advance will receive no refund. Clients may have the option to transfer to another course or clinic with a $50 transfer fee (if available).
COVID policy & guidelines:
· Employees will conduct daily symptom checks.
· We will use the recommendations from the CDC and abide by Colorado state safety orders.
All participants will be required to fill out a waiver and a medical history form before the event.
Must be 18 & older or accompanied by parent or guardian.