- This event has passed.
Backcountry Basics at Purgatory Resort
January 4 - January 5$250
This is a 1.5 day event.
January 4th – 5:30pm we will meet at Purgatory Resort and start with a classroom clinic & pizza party.
January 5th – 8:30am we will meet in the morning then catch the lift to the top of the resort. We will spend the day outside. Lunch included!
Avalanche education is the best piece of gear you can have in the backcountry. Whether you’re snowshoeing, splitboarding, snowmobiling, etc. get the proper knowledge to help you move through the backcountry safely, efficiently and confidently.
VNTRbirds tailored this Backcountry Basics course for women who are new in the backcountry. Open to both skiers and splitboarders. You should be able to ski/ ride blues and blacks on the resort. You need to have proper backcountry equipment including BEACON, SHOVEL, PROBE, BACKPACK and AT SKIS or SPLITBOARD.
What we provide:
· An introduction to your backcountry equipment & gear.
· Introduction to backcountry trip planning.
· Introduction to avalanche safety.
· Practice with your avalanche safety gear.
· Dinner on night 1 & lunch on day 2.
· Single ride lift ticket to the top of Purgatory Resort.
· One of our legendary VNTRbirds goodie bags!
· A fun and educational day with other women from your community just getting into the backcountry!
Additional (not included):
· VNTRbirds lodging special at Purgatory Resort. $98 a night rooms available.
· Breakfast on Jan. 5th.